Cubase integration with UR-C series

Unsure if this belongs here on in the hardware section, but I believe it is a problem resolved in Cubase, so I posted it here.

Please consider a more flexible integration between the UR-C series interfaces & Cubase Pro, particularly when using control room.
As it currently works, you cannot control the onboard DSP from within cubase (only via DSPmixFX) if you don’t assign a physical output to the interface. It would be excellent if the hardware tab in the inspector could be used to control the onboard DSP without it having an assigned output, thus leaving the routing to the control room but making control of the onboard DSP available in the inspector.

It would also be excellent if the front panel headphone jacks (especially for the UR816C which does not have set routing for these) could be routed via audio connections or via the control room.

Thank you for considering these ideas.

1 Like

I sent the following to Steinberg Support and they suggested that I check Studio==>Audio Connections==>Outputs to see if I could add a Headphone Bus and if that was a no go then check this forum… I take it there’s still no way to route one of the UR816C mixes to either of the front panel headphone outs? (I want to use Sonarworks with my headphones via Cubase’s Control Room Sends)

UR-C (UR816C) Cubase 11 Pro RE: Headphone MIX

I understand from the UR816C Operation Manual that I should be able to assign Mix 4 (for instance) to one of the Phone jacks on the front of the UR816C but I do not see any place in the UR-C software or in Cubase to do this. The manual references the Input Settings Window that should show up as a Tab on an Audio trk under the Inspector but I see no such tab. Is there a software setting that I may need to enable - to get the tab to appear? Thank You.