Cubase is moving to a new licensing system...and I don't want to be a part of it!

Cubase is moving to a new licensing system and it seems that is going to be a online activation job. Sign into your account and then you can use Cubase.

I don’t want to be a part of this…I am done with Cubase…

This will cause so many issues for users who have no internet access.

And also, does it have to be connected constantly to the internet for Cubase to work…like Nexus?

If so, what if someone is on the train and wants to work on a project?

This is something that I don’t want to be a part of so I am definitely selling my license. It is a full Cubase 11 Pro USB license, so if you’re interested in purchasing please get in touch with me and make me an offer.

One owner from new and bought directly from Steinberg

Please see the faq so you are correctly informed.

no.

No problem.

This is something that I don’t want to be a part of

You make such a decision before understanding the details?

The fact is that I decided to sell my Cubase license a while ago, so I will still be selling it regardless of what happens

So your initial post was what? A cry for attention?

It wasn’t a cry for attention! It was asking how it was all going to work. I Am not interested for myself, but for other users. But now with all the comments I have received on here and also on a Cubase facebook group (when I listed my Cubase for sale) I wonder why I should bother.

There are a lot of hateful people on the group on FB and that encourages me more to leave Cubase. I don’t need hateful and negative people in my life

There have been many threads on the subject of Steinberg Licensing over the past few days, and there’s plenty of information in them if you want to check them out. The two main ones are:

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-12-is-coming-in-2022/748776/413

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/concerns-about-steinberg-licensing/748843/486

If anybody has any new feedback to offer, we’re of course very interested to hear it, but at this point, another user saying “I don’t want to use a licensing system that involves periodic connection to an activation server” is something we have heard plenty of.

So for now I’m going to close this thread. @SoundDept, I’m sorry you’ve decided to leave Cubase behind, but I wish you all the best, and we’ll be here if you decide to return in the future.

1 Like