Cubase isn't detecting any audio input

Hey guys, having a bit of a problem with Cubase at the moment. Everything was working fine and then it crashed, as it does occasionally, so I restarted Cubase. I found that Cubase was no longer detecting any input level.

I had my guitar plugged into my Presonus Audiobox, and I can hear the guitar through my computer speakers so I know the Audiobox works, however Cubase doesn’t detect this as there is no indication of sound on the level meter.

I checked the VST connections and they are correctly set up as LineIn (presonus audiobox)

I am out of ideas.

Any help very much appreciated

I may have found a way around it but I’m not sure.

On the audiobox, when I have the mixer dialed to input rather than playback, I can hear the guitar (although it still isn’t detected by Cubase).

When I go into the computer’s control panel, sound devices and recording, I see that the LineIn from the Audiobox is default. In properties, the LineIn level is 0. If i turn the level up, then I can hear the guitar still and it is picked up by Cubase. However, there is about a 1 second delay between me hitting the note and Cubase registering it, and this was not present before. Any thoughts?

Is the correct ASIO driver selected in Device Setup?

Under Device Settings → VST Audio System → ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Display Driver it has the Audiobox listed for both in and out. Not sure if this is right, or if this is what you meant :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the generic Cubase ASIO driver. You want the Presonus ASIO driver.

Cool, how do I change it?

Never mind, got it fixed thanks so much for the help :smiley: