Cubase keeps on crashing

Hi everyone,

Pretty new to this forum, but I’ll give it a shot.
So, I just got an NFR Cubase Pro 9.5 for our musicstore, installed all drivers, done all updates and still cubase keeps crashing.
What did I do? Well, I just took an audiosample from Maschine 1.8 (press hold and drag to audiochannel), pressed play and it randomly freezes, closing down Cubase.
There are no VST running in the background as I just removed the Maschine VST after taking the audio.
I made sure that all my VST are up to date, I changed buffer size and even USB latency from 1ms to 2ms (this actually made me work for an hour straight without crashes).
I even tried it with different soundcards (Roland Quad Capture, Native Instruments Kompete Audio 6, RME Babyface Pro,…) but nothing works.

I’m actually no computer wizard, I think computers are plotting against me and just hate me or something :wink:
But I’m really with my hands in my hair, cause I got a deadline and can’t work like this.
There is no time left to change DAW and actually really like working in Cubase.

I work on a Acer Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6G dedicated), 16GB Ram, 256GB Intel PCIe SSD, running Windows 10 (also up-to-date)
I checked a lot of forums already, but no real solutions…

It would be awesome if someone can help me or point me in the right direction.

PS: my colleague also runs the NFR version of Nuendo and Cubase and says it never ever crashed.

Thanks!

Hi,

It’s an known bug in Maschine, already confirmed by NI. The latest Maschine software is crashing Cubase.