I’m still getting the error once in a while, and various others as well. I’d say once every 5 hours of production time, I’ll get an error. My PC is brand new, fresh installation of Windows and Cubase, updated always, no junk, no games etc. I’m not sure how that holds up to other DAWs, and fully realizing how complex it is to write a DAW that runs smoothly, let alone with the enormous amount of different drivers and tools etc out there, but still, a bit disappointing. But I’ve trained myself to press CTRL-S after almost every tweak or thing I do and so far so good, no project lost or corrupt or whatever.
I had the same error message, extremely annoying.
In my case, it was BAD MEMORY.
Did you run a a MemTest86x?
Good to know, it was out of Cubase. Thank you.
I also have this problem starting with cubase 11 (from November 2020) and now also with 12.
I did hundreds of tests, lost dozens of hours.
I would be grateful if you would give it all a try.
I found that if I choose the frequency of the left monitor at 30 hz and the right one at 60hz the problems decrease enormously.
If before it was blocked every 10… 20…30 minutes, now freezes 1 time every 10 days.
I would like to hear your testimonies.
nvidia 780 video card
Intel 4 core 4 ghz processor
As a monitor I use two Samsung 4k TVs set to 3840-2160 (the left connected directly via hdmi, the right connected through an adapter)
It would also be interesting to know what you have in common with my setup.
Please try this:
- Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
- Disconnect the computer from the Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install its own graphic driver.
- Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
- Restart computer.
- Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
- Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
- Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
- Connect your computer to the internet.
When you say this , does this still install the Nvidia control panel ?
Driver Version Only - Adrenalin deinstalled
AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
it has been a while but it´s still there:
It’s almost summer 2023 and still getting crashes due to this problem. What’s going on? Cubase is sick. It needs a doctor badly. So many issues.