Cubase Le 2 Ipad recording in differnts traks

Hi, I bought the full Cubase2 2.4.1 for my Ipad air 2. I’ve tried to connect to my 2 mixer for recording. One is the hallen & heat Zed10fx and the other one is the Yamaha MG10XU, it works good but I can record only the the mixdown from the mixer not the separately instruments in differents tracks. Is it possible to record at the same time two or more different instruments in differents tracks? If yes please help me!
Thanks

Hi guity,

Thanks for your message.

I’m not sure I understand your topic correctly.
Do you want to use Cubasis with two separate audio devices in parallel?

In general, Cubasis supports up to 24 ins/outs, depending on the capabilities of the audio device in use.
It is also possible to record multiple tracks simultaneously, via activating the appropriate track arm buttons either in the tracklist or mixer.
Track routings can be set for tracks individually, via the corresponding routing tab of each track in the inspector.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Thanks for your reply, I need to record from one mixer to my Ipad. The issue is that I want to record simultaneously ,for example, channel 1 (mixer) on track 1 (cubase Ipad) and channel 3 (mixer)on track 2 (cubase Ipad). Is that possible? I’ve attacched the screenshot of tracks options, how can I do this, please?
Thanks

Hi guity,

Thanks for the update.

Depending on the audio device in use, Cubasis is capable to handle up to 24 ins/out (including the option to simultaneously record multiple inputs). The Yamaha MG-XU series offers 2 ins/out.

Since Cubasis LE is included in your topic title:
Cubasis LE - when unlocked via a compatible audio device - is limited to 2 ins/outs as well.
Please find a comparison sheet between Cubasis / Cubasis LE right here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis_le/feature_comparison.html
Once unlocked via compatible hardware, it is possible to update Cubasis LE with all features of Cubasis via the full feature set in-app purchase.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars

The two audio interfaces you have are only 2-channel so typically you can only record a stereo mixdown of all your inputs.
However there is a simple way to record two (only two) instruments or mics to separate tracks in Cubasis.

• Pan one mixer input hard right and the other hard left, mute all other inputs.
  • Create two audio tracks in Cubasis and configure (under routing) as mono input 1 and mono input 2

if you need more than two inputs, I’ve had much success with the Alesis IO Mix which records up to four channels (a dock which also charges the iPad) Other options include the Steinberg UR44 (6 channels) or FocusRite 18i8 (8 channels)

cheers,
642Carl

Hi Guys

I am having problems with this also and hopefully you can help me out, I use a Behringer 2 track mixer, and I want to record my vocals and guitar on to 2 separate tracks in Cubasis via the 2 channels on my mixer.

Ch 1 - Acoustic Guitar

Ch 2 - Vocals

I have followed your advice and and panned one channel (guitar) all the way left, and the second channel ( vocal ) right, but my issue is when I go to Cubasis and create two tracks.

The routing on the first track is fine, because it set to Mono Input 1.

But when I go to the next track and try to change the mono input routing to 2, it doesn’t allow me to change the input to 2, it stays on the oreset of 1 and won’t change.

Am I doing something wrong here that won’t allow me to change the routing to 2, when I touch the 1, the interface comes up showing 24 possible mono inputs, but wont allow me to change from 1 to 2.

Very frustrating, any help will be gratefully received, cheers guys.

John

Hi John,

I have followed your advice and and panned one channel (guitar) all the way left, and the second channel ( vocal ) right,

That’s right and you don’t do it in Cubasis but in your Behringer mixer.

But when I go to the next track and try to change the mono input routing to 2,
it doesn’t allow me to change the input to 2, it stays on the oreset of 1 and won’t change.

It can’t be. If your Behringer mixer has 2 output channels, Cubasis will provide mono input 1 or 2 for you to choose from.

Am I doing something wrong here that won’t allow me to change the routing to 2, when I touch the 1, the interface comes up showing 24 possible >mono inputs, but wont allow me to change from 1 to 2.

There are 24 mono inputs visible in the dialog, but only the highlighted ones are selectable. In your case only the mono number 1+2 should be highlighted.

Please do the following :

• open the Mono Input Dialog and select mono Input 1
  • open the Mono Input Dialog again.
    Result: Mono Input 1 button is highlighted in blue because it is selected and on Mono Input 2 only the number 2 is highlighted in white and the button is bordered in black. All other inputs 3-24 are not highlighted and the digits are shown in grey.

see the attached screenshot

Can you select stereo input ?
What is the name of your Behringer mixer ?

best
Jan

Hi Jan

No I can’t select stereo input, the only other option I an select is ‘Inter - App Audio’

I can see ‘Stereo’ and ‘Audiobus’ but I can’t select either of them.

My mixer is the Behringer XENYX 1002

Thanks in advance if you can help me Jan.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Please have a look at our available Cubasis LE tutorial to see a short demonstration of the available routing options. If further channels can’t be selected as described by Jan, this might be related to a hardware limitation.

Unfortunately we’re not equipped with Behringer’s XENYX 1002 mixer device.
Therefore we suggest to get in contact with them directly, to check the available options.

Of course, we’re at hand to have them equipped with a Cubasis promo code for testing purposes, if required.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Lars