Cubase LE 4: "Import Audio" "Import Video" grayed out.

I activated my Cubase LE v4.1.3 build 853 last year in Mid February 2010. When I went to import an audio file under File>Import>Audio File, the selection was grayed out (as well as for importing a video file as well). :confused: The only option for importing was a MIDI file, of which I have none. Is this a common problem with Cubase LE 4, or are these 2 options just unavailable on LE 4.1.3 build 853? I have seen no other like problem mentioned in the forums. Iā€™m unsure how to rectify this. Thanks, Joel

Start by reading the manual, then create a project first (file ā†’ new project)ā€¦

Really? I thought it was possible to import standard formats live .wav or .mp3, through the ā€œImport-Audioā€ Mine is grayed out as well. I am following the steps in a forum post for ā€œgetting startedā€. One of the first steps before recording anything) is to import an audio file and play it back to make sure the playback is working.
So why is my ā€˜audioā€™ grayed out, and my only import choice is ā€˜midiā€™?
Thanks!

Guys: As ā€œThinkingcapā€ said the first thing to do
is to create a new project ā€“ File --(top left) then scroll down and click on (new project) :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley: