Cubase LE 4 sporadic white noise

Hi all

We are currently experiencing a problem with Cubase whereby at random intervals the output/input will just turn into a short period of white noise. The white noise during a recording is not in the same place as it will be when played back. Below is a list of that I have tried already, please can any one assist?

I’ve replaced the Lexicon device with another, this did not fix the problem.

I’ve replaced the USB cable that connects the device (both Lexicon and Keyboard). This did not fix the problem.

I’ve switched the USB ports that they connect into. This did not fix the problem.

I’ve tried brand new unboxed headphones. This did not fix the problem.

I tested recording and playback in Cubase, and noticed that it has random interferance on both.

I checked playback on WMP, and there was absolutely no interferance. This suggests that there isn’t a problem with the headphones, the keyboard or the lexicon device. The problem must be with cubase and how it is sending audio to the device/headphones.

Thanks!

Or with your audio interface´s ASIO driver…
Do you use some trial plugins…?

We just use what came on our Cubase CD. 30 of these PC’s are set up exactly the same from the same image and this issue only occurs on 1. If it were a driver problem would this not occur on each PC?

Thanks for your response, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Hmmmmm – I’ve never experienced a white noise problem
with Cubase Le4 or Cubase 6 on my PC ever.
The 2 Tascam interface’s i’ve used, US-1641 and a US-144
along with the Tascam Drivers have been very compatible
with Cubase pruducts.

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

Did you ever got this resolved?

Experiencing same problem here, driving me crazy