Cubase LE 5 cursor not in sync

I recently received a copy of Cubase LE 5 with a TASCAM audio interface and have installed it fully and activated it. When I opened it, the cursor was selecting items a few inches to the left and below of where it actually was, therefore making it impossible to use the software. The software is installed on a new Mac Book Pro which has the necessary software requirements and I have no idea how I can make it work! Can anyone help??!?

I have precisely the same problem. If anyone has a solution I would be grateful. It makes editing impossible.

Guys: Have you both turned off “SNAP” when using the cursor :question: it’s on the tool bar.

also–have both of you read this The first things to do when you startup Cubase - Cubase - Steinberg Forums :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

Hi, just installed Cubase 5.5.3 on a new Mac Book Pro and getting the exactly the same cursor problem which makes it impossible to use. The cursor is way off the button/function it’s supposed to be pressing. See attachment.

Did any of you get it sorted with Cubase 5 (LE) or did you have to update to a newer version to solve it?
Any info will be appreciated, please just post here.

Thanks.

Hello

There is a known issue with the newer line of Macbook Pro’s that include Retina Display and our software previous to Cubase 7 (AI,LE, Elements, Artist and Full)

If you intend to use Cubase LE5 on a Retina display MacBook Pro, it can happen that the graphical user interface (GUI) cannot be operated properly and it might not even be possible to select certain elements at all. Also note that Cubase LE5 is not supported beyond OSX 10.6 and 10.7. If your Macbook Pro is running OSX10.8 or 10.9 Mavericks, it is not supported and I would advise you to upgrade to Cubase Elements 7 or Cubase (Artist 7.5) or (7.5 Full) for future support.

Compatibility with OSX 10.9 Mavericks

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/steinberg-product-compatibility-info-regarding-mac-os-x-109-mavericks/kb_back/2020.html

There is a workaround for software not supported with Retina Display. (for example Cubase LE6)

Quit the application if it is currently open
In the Finder, choose “Applications” from the “Go menu”
In the applications folder, select the application’s icon and press Command+I to open the information window
Check “Open in Low Resolution” to enable the low resolution mode.
Close the window and double click the application to reopen it.

Now, it should be possible to operate the application properly again.

Thanks Joel, you have the answer!

I’m on Cubase 5 Full and the retina was the first thing I suspected when the problem originally occurred due to the odd nature of such a high resolution being used as normal resolution. It’s a very odd thing to happen but at least we now have a solution.

Hello Beaubadger,

I’m glad to hear things are resolved then!