Cubase LE 6 and audio panning

I have a problem when I try to pan my audio tracks. I have cubase le 6 and I’m using a focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio interface, which I’ve connect my condenser microphone to (input 2) as I’ve mic’d my amp up. All is well and good and I can hear it, it’s recording fine etc. however when I try to pan the track left or right (and I’m panning the track on the channel all the way over to the left and right) it doesn’t pan as such, more just decreases the volume of the track. For example, I’d pan the track all the way right, but still manage to hear it on the left in my head phones. I’ve checked to see if my headphones aren’t working and I’m pretty certain they’re working fine. I’ve tried removing the buses and putting them back again, I’ve tried everything I can possibly think of and I can’t seem to rectify this problem. One more thing I’m using windows 7 64 bit and the 64 bit version of cubase le 6, on a HP pavilion g6. Any ideas folks?

Check you are not double monitoring via Cubase and your interface, and recheck your VST output connections.

I have direct monitoring off on my interface but I didn’t have it turned down, would that make a difference? I checked that, it’s as it should be, the stereo out bus. I’ve removed it and put it back but it didn’t seem to make a difference

I don’t know how how direct and / or zero latency monitoring works with your interface, but if it has a inbuilt mixer application, it is usually not bypassed by disabling Direct monitoring. So if you have any routings set up there, they usually add up to the Cubase routings.

It’s just a little switch on the interface that turns on monitoring, I’m afraid I don’t know much about it as I’ve not had out long and I’m still getting to grips with cubase. However I understand you mean. If I were to monitor the recording through the built in output on my laptop, would that eliminate the problem then? I have actually tried doing that but I can’t seem to do it

I’ve just give back on it and it’s solved itself somehow. It’s done this before though, we’ll see how long it lasts