Activation didn’t work as it hasn’t for so many others. Bought a new Zoom G5n that included the above. Running Windows 10.
- Downloaded Cubase LE AI Elements 10 fine after 2+ hours.
- Installed (sort of) fine: Had to reboot PC to get setup.exe to run.
- eLicenser installed fine.
- Ran Cubase (BTW - It says V10). Of course this first time, “No valid license found. The program will quit now.”
- Pressed Start License Activation, entered the activation code from the email, process completed “successfully” after a couple minutes. eLicenser now shows happily-activated Cubase LE 9.5 license. (BTW - I asked to download V10, eLicenser thinks 9.5…?)
- Ran Cubase again: “No valid license found. The program will quit now.” ???
- Tried same activation code again… of course it’s a one-and-done process; no-go.
- Tried Maintenance in eLicenser: Complained about old version. Got a new one, installed fine; still shows happy LE 9.5 license.
- Ran Cubase: “No valid license found. The program will quit now.”
- Attempted the re-activation process to get a new activation code but of course, it for some obtuse reason, wants a “new and different” eLicenser serial number and of course like so many others, I only have the one. And of course, no info anywhere on how (or why) one might acquire a “new and different” serial number.
Obviously, installation/activation of Cubase has at best been only lightly tested… this was about as straight-forward an install case as you can get: Cubase has never been on this less-than-a-year old HP Spectre laptop.