Cubase LE AI Elements 10 (9.5?) Activation... doesn't.

Activation didn’t work as it hasn’t for so many others. Bought a new Zoom G5n that included the above. Running Windows 10.
Steps:

1. Downloaded Cubase LE AI Elements 10 fine after 2+ hours.
  2. Installed (sort of) fine: Had to reboot PC to get setup.exe to run.
  3. eLicenser installed fine.
  4. Ran Cubase (BTW - It says V10). Of course this first time, “No valid license found. The program will quit now.”
  5. Pressed Start License Activation, entered the activation code from the email, process completed “successfully” after a couple minutes. eLicenser now shows happily-activated Cubase LE 9.5 license. (BTW - I asked to download V10, eLicenser thinks 9.5…?)
  6. Ran Cubase again: “No valid license found. The program will quit now.” ???
  7. Tried same activation code again… of course it’s a one-and-done process; no-go.
  8. Tried Maintenance in eLicenser: Complained about old version. Got a new one, installed fine; still shows happy LE 9.5 license.
  9. Ran Cubase: “No valid license found. The program will quit now.”
  10. Attempted the re-activation process to get a new activation code but of course, it for some obtuse reason, wants a “new and different” eLicenser serial number and of course like so many others, I only have the one. And of course, no info anywhere on how (or why) one might acquire a “new and different” serial number.

Obviously, installation/activation of Cubase has at best been only lightly tested… this was about as straight-forward an install case as you can get: Cubase has never been on this less-than-a-year old HP Spectre laptop.
Thoughts?

Hi and welcome,

Read thru the Grace Period Info article, please.

Thank you Martin, but no:
“Currently there is no grace period update available for the eLicenser with the number xxxxxxxxxx nnnnnnnnnn.”

Hi,

Then you have Cubase 9.5 license and you have to download this version. After the Activation, the download link should appear in your MySteinberg account.

Soooo… I have to uninstall V10 then another 2+hr download of 9.5? I assume I leave the 9.5 license in place; or will I get a new email w/ new activation code, in which case, would I then uninstall the eLicenser, too?

Any thoughts on why Steinberg silently emails invalid 9.5 license keys with V10 downloads? I mean after all, who’s not going to not pick the latest version to download? Rhetorical question: Any thoughts on why the error message doesn’t explain why a particular license is invalid?

Hi,

Yes, you have to install Cubase Elements 9.5 Full installer.

No, you will not get a new email with an Activation Code. Your Cubase is activated already. No, you don’t have to uninstall eLicenser Control Center application.

Of course, everyone would like to get the latest version. But the Zoom company gave you Cubase 9.5 license only with their product.

The Cubase doc that came with the Zoom processor makes no mention of version and certainly not which to download. After speaking with support, that appears to be by design. Martin, you’re correct that the download keys in boxes are statically linked to a particular version. But after a new version comes out, in their license server, they identify those unused keys still in boxes as being able to download/activate the latest. They haven’t done that step yet for V10. He emailed me a V10 key; all is well. I’ll bet they’re getting a lot of calls like mine… :slight_smile:
NB: Note for newbies like me: Top-level “Devices” menu is now “Studio” which made following the as-yet not updated youtube tutorials sort of difficult.