Cubase LE audio routing and compatibility

Hello,
Can you please tell me why my focusrite scarlett 2i4 2nd gen is not supported on Cubasis?
I’m trying the LE version and I wanted to buy the full version but since my audio interface is not supported I just can’t…but when Cubasis LE starts in Demo Mode my card works perfectly…so why is that? :cry:

another thing: is it possible to assign an audio track to a mono output?
I would like to be able to send input 1 to output 1 (Left) and input 2 to output 2 (Right)

Hi jackpiazza,

Thanks for your message.

Please note that a supported hardware is required, to unlock the LE feature set of Cubasis LE.
Unless unlocked with a compatible hardware device, the app runs in demo mode.

Please find the list of supported hardware devices right here:

Additionally, here is the comparison list between Cubasis LE and the full Cubasis app:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/mobile_apps/cubasis_le/feature_comparison.html

Best wishes,
Lars

I’m sorry but this does not answer my questions at all

Let’s try again:

1 - What’s the reason behind the choice to support just a few of Audio Interfaces? Hardware compatibility or marketing?
as I said before my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 works fine with cubasis LE…it’s just that it’s not in “the” list of the supported devices then Cubasis LE goes in demo mode…

2 - Does Cubasis full edition require supported hardware devices as well?

3 - Does cubasis full edition allow to route my audio inputs in this way? Input 1 → mono output (Left) - Input 2 → mono output (right)

1 - What’s the reason behind the choice to support just a few of Audio Interfaces? Hardware compatibility or marketing?
as I said before my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 works fine with cubasis LE…it’s just that it’s not in “the” list of the supported devices then Cubasis LE goes in demo mode…

Cubasis LE comes bundled with a wide range of selected audio devices from Yamaha, Steinberg, Line 6 and lots of devices from other 3rd party manufacturers, as listed here: What Is Cubasis LE | Steinberg

Once a compatible device from the list is connected/detected, Cubasis LE automatically unlocks from demo mode.

2 - Does Cubasis full edition require supported hardware devices as well?

Cubasis supports iOS compatible hardware devices, but can also run on its own.
Same goes for Cubasis LE, once unlocked via compatible hardware.

3 - Does cubasis full edition allow to route my audio inputs in this way? Input 1 → mono output (Left) - Input 2 → mono output (right)
[/quote]

Depending on the connected hardware, Cubasis allows to assign MIDI and audio tracks to up to 24 individual outputs (12 stereo pairs) simultaneously.

Best,
Lars