Cubase LE

Please can you advise which versions of Cubase LE are installable & operable on Windows Vista 32bit with 4GB RAM?
djl

Hi,

it depends, what do you mean by “operable”. Are you going to use it as a MIDI sequencer for HW Instruments or are you going to use many Virtual Instruments? Or mixing with many plug-ins?

In general, I would gues Cubase LE 5.

Thanks,Martin - Hoping to use Cubase to refine/mix/tweek tracks already recorded using HW instruments + microphones on my Zoom R8 audio interface - I have activation code for licence for LE software - but LE 8 will not install on my Windows Vista - hence seeking help/advice exactly how to proceed - what du think?

Hi,

Activate your Cubase LE 8 license and install Cubase LE 5.

Hi Martin - Thanks for your response - since your response - I have tried again to download & activate the code on windows vista , but it will not install nor will the “licence” on windows vista - please try it your self !! I am only trying to resolve an unforeseen problem with your help .

Hi,

Plese, don’t sena any code via forum.

I just realised you have to install the lates eLicenser Control Center version to be able to activate Cubase LE 8 license. Can you do this on Windows Vista? Or do you need at least Windows 7?

Hi, Yep,as I said,you cannot activate Cubase latest licence on Windows vista - it will not install - states “system too old minimum system requirement is windows 7”
This is the problem that I`m seeking help with - what version of Cubase LE will install on Windows Vista ??
And how to proceed to successfully install it with my activation code ?
Thanks

Hi,

It’s not question of Cubase installation. It’s question of eLCC installation. You don’t need to instal Cubase to be able to activate it, but you need the eLCC.

Hi, many thanks - so how do I proceed then ?

Hi,

1. Try to install the latest eLCC on your Windows.
    A) It works
    B) It doesn’t work. Then I’m afraid you cannot do this without USB-eLicenser.

A2) Activate your Cubase LE 8
A3) Install Cubase LE 5.

B2) Buy USB-eLicenser.
B3) Activate your Cubase LE 8 on any other computer with Win 7/8/10 installed.
B4) Transfer the license to the USB-eLicenser.
B5) Instal compatible eLCC version on your system.
B6) Instal Cubase 5 on your system and hope, the license of Cubase LE 8 will be recognised by the old eLCC.

The Best solution would be to upgrade your system to Win 7/8/10.