Cubase LE4 import audio problems

Hi, I have a cubase LE4 that had so far worked prefectly but it now seems that when I want to import a wav file ‘error: medium type not supported or invalid’ appers on screen…I have always worked with wav files, i have no clue why this is happening. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hello Gtrfona,

I’ve sent you PM.

Hallo Joel.

Here are the questions you asked me . I have a 64-bit Windows 7 system and I run Cubase LE 4.1.2 . It’s true I run a computer restore some months ago. The files were recorded on an olympus L 11 device and transported on my computer. All wav files work but cannot be imported…What do you think sould my next step be? Thanks in advance!

Hallo Joel.

Here are the questions you asked me . I have a 64-bit Windows 7 system and I run Cubase LE 4.1.2 . It’s true I run a computer restore some months ago. The files were recorded on an olympus L 11 device and transported on my computer. All wav files work but cannot be imported…What do you think sould my next step be? Thanks in advance!

Hello Gtryfona,

Be advised the Cubase LE4 is not officially supported on Windows 7 64-bit the update to 4.1.2 was a hotfix but not an officially supported update for Windows 7 64-bit. Because of this I would suggest updating to Cubase Elements 7 which is officially supported.

Can your LE4 import other .wav files or Mp3’s or is it giving you the same error message? If so what is the error message? If it cannot import any .wav file then I would suggest downloading the 30 day trial of Cubase Elements 7 for free and see if you have the same problem importing a .wav file there.

Here is the link where you can download the trial.