Cubase loses or forgets vst scan

Hi there, this is a problem I’ve experienced since SX3 (then 5, 8, 8.5 and now 9.5) and I’ve never been able to find an answer to it.

Once in a while, sometimes after a crash, the next time I start Cubase it has to rescan all of my plugins and I lose any customized keys, color palettes etc.

I have a LOT of plugins so it takes a while, and many of them pop up with various messages the first time they load, requiring me to sit there and click OK, so I can’t just walk away and come back. It’s as if the preference folder gets tossed, and it’s a real pain in the neck.

Any insight into this? I’ve searched around a few times, but have never come across a discussion of this exact issue.

Thanks for your time,
afrech

Hi and welcome,

When Cubase crashes, then it might ends up in some unexpected state. Therefore it might happen, something becomes broken in the settings.

Luckily we have a Profiles in Cubase now. So once you have a stable settings, you can save your profile. If something like this happens to you, you can import your settings from the profile.

Thanks, I will look into profiles. However I assume they are loaded from within Cubase so I will still have to sit though all the vsts loading when this happens.

Hi,

You are right, the profiles are loaded from within Cubase.