Cubase Mediabay

I’m sure you’ve already rummaged around in Mediabay.
And I’m sure that one or the other of you has also had some wishes…

In the meantime, I have many soft synths and the database has become quite confusingly full.
I find this database very good and use it often, but…

1. i would like to sort by two or more columns at the same time (e.g. first: name, second: category, third: subcharacter).
  2. it would be great if you could quickly sort similar sounding sounds among each other
  3. if you are rating a sound with a “star” or entering your own characteristics in another column, the currently selected sound is no longer active! You have to click on the sound name again and it will be reloaded.
  4. it often happens to me that shortly before the sound is loaded, another sound loaded in the active track starts and because of the internal switch to the Mediabay sound, it continues to make sounds until you have done a MIDI reset.
  5. the manual does not adequately describe how to use Mediabay. Examples of how to use it would also be helpful.

→ does anyone have any tips for me?
→ are there updates for this?
→ or are there solutions unknown to me?

Hi,

Add Feature request for 1 and 2, please.

1. I will try this.

2. I have never experienced this. Do you know, what kind of sound is it? Can you write a clear and reproducible description, please?

3. Manual doesn’t describe the “how to use …” way any feature. This is not, what is the manual for. There are tones of videos, how to use Cubase online.

Hi Martin,
“Add Feature request for 1 and 2, please.”
i don’t understand. What do i have to do here?
→ Update 17.2.: I’ve done it!

1. an example: you have a track with an active instrument in Cubase, Halion or so, with a sound loaded.
    Now you open Mediabay and click on a sound name to hear how it sounds…
    If you enter some “stars” for your rating or you enter a keyword or a project name or something else in a special column, the sound is no longer active.
    But if you press a key on the keyboard when you click on the next sound in the Mediabay, the active Halion sound starts playing and stays there because the connection to this instrument has been interrupted, since you are now active in the Mediabay again.
    So the MIDI activity remains until you manually reset MIDI.
    That’s obvious, because there is no “end signal” coming back in MIDI because of the change to the Mediabay.
    I hope I have explained it understandably…

Hallo Martin,
“Fügen Sie bitte einen Feature Request für 1 und 2 hinzu.”
ich verstehe das nicht. Was muss ich hier tun?
→ Update 17.2.: Hab ich erledigt!

1. ein Beispiel: Du hast eine Spur mit einem aktiven Instrument in Cubase, Halion oder so, mit einem geladenen Sound.
    Nun öffnet man Mediabay und klickt auf einen Soundnamen, um zu hören, wie er klingt…
    Wenn Sie ein paar “Sterne” für Ihre Bewertung oder ein Schlüsselwort oder einen Projektnamen oder etwas anderes in eine spezielle Spalte eingeben, ist der Sound nicht mehr aktiv.
    Wenn Sie jedoch eine Taste auf der Tastatur drücken, wenn Sie auf den nächsten Sound in der Mediabay klicken, beginnt der aktive Halion-Sound zu spielen und bleibt dort, weil die Verbindung zu diesem Instrument unterbrochen wurde, da Sie nun wieder in der Mediabay aktiv sind.
    Die MIDI-Aktivität bleibt also bestehen, bis Sie MIDI manuell zurücksetzen.
    Das ist klar, denn durch den Wechsel zur Mediabay kommt kein “Endsignal” in MIDI zurück.
    Ich hoffe, ich habe es verständlich erklärt…
  1. Here I meant that it already belongs in the manual how to handle the Mediabay.
    You can insert columns.
    You can insert many filters at the top and also use them incorrectly!
    You can filter more “specifically” and effectively if you take certain inputs into account.
    Many functions that the Mediabay can fulfil are not mentioned at all.
    So it’s not just about examples, but more about the handling.
    That belongs in a manual.

2. hier habe ich gemeint, dass es schon ins Handbuch gehört, wie man die Mediabay handhabt.
    Man kann Spalten einfügen.
    Man kann oben viele Filter einfügen und auch falsch benutzen!
    Man kann “spezieller” und effektiver Filtern, wenn man gewisse Eingaben beachtet.
    Viele Funktionen, die die Mediabay erfüllen kann, werden übehaupt nicht erwähnt.
    Es geht also nicht nur um Besipiele, sondern vielmer um die Handhabung.
    Das gehört schon in ein Handbuch.