Cubase messing up Audio files

Hey, I have this (relatively recent) annoying problem, that Cubase is playing the wrong audio files when I open up a project… it’s not always like that, but it’s happening to me the second time already. Last time I restarted my Macbook and it seemed to work, now it doesn’t… it also looks like its only happening to rendered Audio files.

So, in this example, I have two tracks that are acting weird. In the first track, Cubase is just showing the right Audio Clip, but playing a different one. Once the played clip is over, it starts making weird noises.
With the other track it’s the same, but it’s even showing the wrong clip.

When I open up the pool window and play the Audio Clips that are inserted in my projects, they are just the way they should be and everything is fine. Its just the project window that is making weird stuff.

I’m using Cubase 8.5 with Macbook Pro OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5. The audio files are 44.1 kHz, 24 Bits and so is the project.

Please help!

UPDATE:

seems like I got the problem solved. The problem was that I had a specific folder name for that project. Later on I renamed it and used the old folder name for another project. Cubase just played the files with the same name from the old folder…