Heya, I have a Win7 system with Cubase 6.5.3 build 153. In the past, everything has worked fine but I just fired up a new project and had the following symptoms. Note, this also affects old projects so is not .cpr specific.
- I create a VST instrument
- Follow prompt to create midi channel to control VST
- Select correct input for midi channel
- Play axiom keyboard and sound happens through the VST
- Activate record on track then click record and play some notes on keyboard. Audio happens as I play
- No notes are being recorded to the midi track, so playing it back results in silence
- Oddly I did use the pencil cursor in the midi track and was able to draw midi notes but they auto move back to the start of the midi track time point - all notes start from the zero point at once and DO sound during playback
This is common all tested VSTs and in old and new projects. It used to work and I have not changed anything.
Please help as my system is pretty useless right now.