Cubase Midi Remote Api Initialise Button LEDs on page activation from Command Binding

Hello Guys,

I am trying to create a midi remote api js script for my PreSonus Atom in native midi mode.
Here I have full control over the button LEDs.
I already managed to keep the transport-start/stop state in sync with the controller button LED and also the metronome activate. Because there are bindable value variables available.

However is there a possibility to get a notification to subscribe whether the “Metronome-Count-In” is enabled in Cubase, so that I can bind that to a button LED too?

I do the toggling via a makeCommandBinding, but subscribing the onValueChanged -Event does not work as it is not called.

page.makeCommandBinding(atom.click.shiftClick, 'Transport', 'Precount On');

I have searched the web for answers but couldn’t find any information. Please bring me some :candle::slight_smile:

I appreciate your help and I can share my progress on git if it is helpful.

github: /THK-artjom/cubase_midiremote_atom

In the MR API not, until now.

You can use a hybrid approach (until such things are into the MR) and get this info in your MIDI Remote from a Generic Remote handler.

You can get some idea on this, if you download my script for the Arturia Keylab MK2, and search in its core script for the keyword “Precount”.

Apart from the precount mode, there are other things missing for now, such as MIDI Record (and Cycle) mode,punch in/out and plugin browsing. I covered them by using this approach. I’m somehow sure these things will get covered but till then we can always use generic remote and mcu talking with our scripts (with some virtual ports) to workaround things.

1 Like

Really. I’d always assumed the two different remote methods were mutually exclusive. Good to know.

1 Like

Nope. You just have to use a virtual port and benefit from both generic remote and mcu (and other implementations) when things are missing and we need them. You have to cross the ports, so that the midi out of the gereric remote gets as an “in” to the MR and you’re good to go :slight_smile:

Humm, that opens the door to using MR with Metagrid. I can’t think of any reason to do that off the top of my head. But the possibility is intriguing.