Cubase needs a recovery function after a crash

Every time my project is crashing I can´t recover it and open the last state I was working on.
I know there is the autosave function but the minimum value is 1 min, right? This is often not enough, in 1 minute you can make significant changes and than cubase crashes and your changes and adjustments are gone forever. Think of automation, effect parameters, whatever…

And cubase 10 is crashing a lot!

We need something like Adobe´s excellent recovery function. Every time Photoshop, Illustrator or Premiere is crashing, next time you open the programm it will automatically load the last project you were working on.
Its something indispensable and should be implemented asap.

Hi,

It would be good to know, why is your Cubase crashing. Could you attach a crash dump file?

The last time cubase crashed after a simple drag and drop action in the mix console insert plugin slot.
Most of the crashes I have are those when I want to close the programm. It simply crashes without any reason.
Where are this files located?

Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

Thanks but I don´t have any crash files in this folder. Are they generated immediately after a crash or do I have to wait?
Nevertheless, there are too many different reasons for a crash and we all need a recovery function for the last used project!

The crash dump files should appear immediately.

Just to add the crashes that I have experienced are very similar. Although generally speaking it always involves moving or editing NI Komplete Kontrol or Kontakt. The crash is immediate as in the blink of any eye Cubase Pro 10 is gone and I can also confirm no crash log is created. I would add that this not by any means a daily thing but at least once a week for sure. I put it down to my minimum ram and to this end I constantly save Ctrl +Alt + S. The project always re-opens at the last save point. Obviously if you do not save you can lose a whole lot of work.

We need something like Adobe´s excellent recovery function. Every time Photoshop, Illustrator or Premiere is crashing, next time you open the programm it will automatically load the last project you were working on. Its something indispensable and should be implemented asap.

This was the point of the CipheredDesigns subject, not finding out what’s crashing the program. Everyone here has experienced a crash at sometime or another. Sure, we’d all love to know what brings on a crash, but if there were a recovery routine in place, we could continue working and hunt down the problem when we have time to do so. CipheredDesigns suggestion is a good one.

Cubase 10 crashed close to 10 times in the last 2 days without creating a crash dump file, it has happened when deleting a track, when editing midi, funny thing is it was quite stable prior to this, only thing that has happened is I installed geomagic wrap, am about to uninstall
Regards
Ian

Thanks for your support, I appreciate it!
Since my last post here I had dozens of crashes where I wasn´t able to reproduce my last steps and still not a single crash damp file was generated.

My top 3 crash reasons are:

1. removing a plugin instance from the mixer slot / moving a plugin from slot x to another
  2. closing cubase
  3. misc other simple tasks like tweaking my instruments

I installed Cubase 10 alongside 9.5 and as previously mentioned I had several wipe outs. Since uninstalling 9.5 I have had no issues at all.

+1

+1