cubase.net

Whoops … I AM getting frequent time-outs. [a few posts ago, I’d confused time-outs with login time outs.]

OK. Thinking of NJSmooth’s original concern, I can see this situation diminishing some potential posters’ patience when considering researching and writing advice.

Same here. Mostly happens just after midnight UK time and lasts maybe 30 minutes. No access whatsoever

Yep, everyday at 6-7 EST the board isn’t available. Must be scheduled backup, or such.

I’d have thought Steiny would have sorted the board problems by now. Maybe the next revision will sort it. Whenever that is…

That avatar (and sig) situation is a real pain in the crack too. Looks like whatever you do to your profile (especially av pictures) needs to be vetted first before we get to see it here.

Not really, unless something’s changed lately, you have to do it all from “My Steinberg” on the main site. Log in there and choose “Forum”

Cheers

I did that and nothing happened :frowning:

Then you must’ve not done it right :sunglasses:

I’d agree! There are size limits, mine is at the max… I think its 128 pixels

yours is 96 actually, not sure what the maximum value is but usually 100.

Just changed it again and saved it. Bugger all happens :imp:

You’re talking about an avatar picture right? Like my green little curl.
The image has to be 100x100 max and in jpg, png or gif format, 100kb max size.

Attach the file here, I can resize/convert it for you if you want.

I think the av I was using was around 100x100 and my sig is within the 100 limit too. I’ll do some more messing around and see of I’ve screwed up somewhere. Thanks for the help though, may well be back to you :smiley:

Works OK here Phil. hmmmm?

Just checked the avatar (it’s 100x100). The sig is under 100 characters too. Don’t get it :unamused:

I hate to sound silly but did you actually click the “Upload” button after you selected the file?

Yep, the sig should appear too but it ain’t working. We should be able to do all this here without farting about going to MySteinberg :angry:

It’s driving me quackers, Ducks :smiley:

Jeez, Phil. What the heck’s going on there? You’re having all kinds of issues lately. :hihi:

Try Save Picture As on the attached and make sure it says PNG.
js1200calf8.png

Just uploaded a 100x100 png file, bugger all happened :imp:

perhaps it doesn’t accept png files.

try a jpg. That’s what I uploaded

Accepts PNG. >>>

Mine’s is bigger than 100x100. :mrgreen: It auto crops it. :open_mouth: