cubase ninja - pro tools-style trim automation macro

No luck here on osx 7.5

i tried all scripts except the one for time instead of frames, but i couldn’t make them work, the selection tool range gets positioned in freak positions in the best cases. Anyway :frowning:
Does anyone have this idea working 7.5 and could share with us?

does somebody want to make a YouTube video on how they made this work? …show the steps and create the macro on video? This would be a great help for everybody :slight_smile:

nexis

just implemented it in c7.5 (no changes to how i wrote it here / or also how it got modded in the thread), and it’s working, so really not sure what it could be.

Looks like there is difference between how Win and Mac Cubase do the steps, mainly, I think how the points get added, or not. I never did get it working here.

Make sure you are in correct time display and also make sure “read” button is enabled on automation track. These two things were screwing me up.

Thank you bros. I am using OSX so i presume this might be OS issue. :frowning:

Thank you Lucasbrooklyn :slight_smile:

Which is the final script? the thread lead me to be unsure about which was the final script. is it the one which is wrote in the initial post?

Considering the responses in this thread, that seems to be so. IIRC, One of the automation point gets removed during the selection nudging.

both are working for me but the second one (the latest iteration in this thread) is more streamlined.

BTW apart from having to have "R"ead on your automation lane on, the one exception this macro doesnt work properly is when selecting a range whose leftmost point is at 0.0.0.0 of the song (because there’s nowhere to go ‘leftwards’ to create the second arbitrary automation event).

I just created a poll in the "suggestion"area. If you agree, please go vote and maybe they could incorporate this feature the next Cubase version (Cubase 8)…

ok ok! it must be something with OS differences :frowning: the results are unpredictable at me, the points get done in the right places but then sometimes the selection of selection tool appears in the wrong place or it does not appear at all. The Locators get lost. Very unpredictable. Pity the Macro Panel in Key commands is a bit buggy when editing and no bypass some instrucions for “debug”.

Thank you again. Thumbs up

Yes, the macro implementation in Cubase is not a scripting system, it just plays the commands one after the other. It’s not buggy though. A scripting system is a long standing (ginormous) request.

when i ment buggy i ment the Macro editor, at least for me, when editing and removing commands to the macro it gets buggy the order of them gets messy (don’t know why). Most of the time i have to delete all commands and then add one by one again if possible with no errors otherwise i’ll have to edit again an then i go to the buggy cave.

yes the order gets messed up often. it’s too basic, commands cannot be moved up or down, there’s no preview macro… probably not essential for most as it’s been this way for as long as i remember.

I can setup everything correctly except the PLE script. There is no “position - inside cycle” option anywhere in the PLE that I can find. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks.

Thanks for your help. Still having problems with it though. When I select an area to automate with the range tool, then slightly move the region left or right, the automation points are created, but I get 2 on the right and only one on the left. And the select tool is not selected, it stays with the range select tool. I’ll post some screenshots of how I have this set up. Can someone spot anything I’ve done wrong?

Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 4.54.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 4.54.37 PM.png

hmm i’m not sure, maybe it’s a PC vs MAC thing, it’s working here on my PC DAW.

Yes- I think so. I could not get this going on my Mac.