Cubase Noise on Export Audio / Noise floor Issues

Hello, Grade,

Thanks for sharing Audio details I glad you & some details are very nice.

Thanks!
Termite inspection Sydney

Hello,

I found this thread through Google while searching for a solution for this problem. I have this tooā€¦ Been having it for years. Iā€™m still on good old Cubase 5.5.3, so this issue must have existed for a long time.

I have the buzzing noise, but I sometimes also get different noises in my exports. Sometimes I get crackles or ā€œpopsā€, or a wind-like noise (less common though). But all these noises are always hard-panned to the left, and sitting around -135 db. Just as you describe. I sometimes also get a weird DC offset in my exports for seemingly no reason.

Iā€™ve never been able to figure out whatā€™s causing it. Itā€™s clearly a bug in Cubase - it MUST be - but I donā€™t know how I can avoid it, because I canā€™t always reproduce it. I mean, once itā€™s there, itā€™s always there, but there doesnā€™t seem to be any pattern behind it. Atleast not for me.

Sometimes it goes away when disabling some inserts. Sometimes by changing or disabling EQ settings. Sometimes just by moving the volume fader for the track up or down. Makes no senseā€¦

I can have an audio track with no issues, make a duplicate of it in Cubase, and the duplicate will sometimes have noise or DC offset issues. But not the original. Itā€™s so weirdā€¦

I should also mention that I donā€™t use any of the plugins talked about in the thread (SoundToys, etc), so it doesnā€™t just happen with those plugins.

For a while I used to think that this was perhaps some kind of audio watermarking or something. But I seriously doubt thatā€¦ That would be kinda terrible for a DAW where you expect as clean audio as possible.

I really like Cubase, itā€™s my favourite music production tool. But this issue seriously bothers me. So far Iā€™ve never been able to actually hear any of the noise in a mix, which is good I guessā€¦ But still, it bothers me just knowing that itā€™s there. Know what I mean?

It would be really nice and much appreciated if someone from Steinberg could say something regarding thisā€¦

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, had the same problem. The project Iā€™m working in is at 48khz 24bit. When I bounce it out at the same rate, slight noise (almost sounds like bitcrushing on the far left). Converted the project files to 44.1khz 24bit and now now bouncing at the new rate, the noise is gone.