Cubase not detecting sound- HELP

Hi, i’m new to all this recording technology and have never used Cubase before. I have an M-Audio M-Track 2X2 Audio Interface with a mic XLR mic connected to it and my interface is connected to my Windows 10 laptop. My headphones are plugged into my interface and I can hear the sound coming from my mic through my headphones but Cubase isn’t monitoring/ detecting it. I think it is a problem to do with my inputs and outputs but I have played around with them and nothing seems to work. I have downloaded and activated the corresponding driver for my interface. When I click monitor and the record enable button, there is no sound coming through if you know what I mean. When i click the record button at the bottom of the screen, it says ‘Recording Error: Asio diver is not running’. I go up and check to see if my driver is running, and surely enough, it is so I’m not sure why it’s saying that it isn’t. I have tried to attach screenshots but it wont work sorry. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issue. Were you able to resolve it?

Thx!

Sounds like you are not running an Asio driver, but only the standard Windows driver.