Cubase on ipad

:laughing: :laughing: “It’s funny cause it’s true” - Fat Tony

One thing that few people reflect over is that these app stores charge an excessive 30% off the sales price. (Not that other stores don’t do this, but it’s now an “accepted” flat rate for everything you want to buy, and they don’t even have to work for it like other stores do to compete with each other.) That means that of the $50 you pay, a whopping $15 goes to the fruit company, so you’re really only paying $35 for Cubasis (and $3.50 for the $5 one). Anyone think taxes are high? Think again!

Steinberg makes professional music software and I simply love that they have opened up communications like in the old days. I understand of course that companies must go with the flow in order to make money, but I deplore where online business is heading. Even Microsoft have had to submit to the same model as apple, just so that they can compete on equal terms.

A business model where every update can costs something, in-app commercials, in-app tap, automatic and shady charges with shadier disclaimers, no support needed what-so-ever, etc. What a load of horse manure. They cannot even conduct reasonable business anymore, but they have to trick and cheat customers to buy more crap than they possibly need.

The “new” gadget computer industry is really very similar to the drug (as in not medicine) market… slave labor, smuggling and street wars, only instead it’s called factories abroad, shipping and marketing, perfectly legal.

“In Time”, and many other similar themed movies are right on the money… eh, yeah. :wink: