Cubase on windows 7

It was working fine on xp.

im going to give 10.5 a try. but cant do a thing until the elicenser is running.

ill try to uninstall it then install the older version.

have a feeling I’ll still have the dll issue though.

Saw this thread

The Windows XP machine will have to be connected to the internet to update the eLicenser license database.

As for the Windows 7 machine, you can just download the latest eLicenser Control Center from here and put it on a flash drive:

I don’t understand what you mean by putting it on a flash drive?

download the exe to a flash drive then install on the flash drive also?

this is the problem I’m having: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000036790-eLicenser-Control-Center-on-Windows-7-fails-to-start

And I cannot find a download of windows 7 service pack 1. The updated .NET framework doesn’t help either.

Try this link

no. that doesnt help. my elicenser does not open. his issue was different.

You can only buy it used, like ebay, gearspace.com, craigslist.

Be sure you read the Resale Wizard to make sure you are getting the right thing.

ive got the right thing. boxed, redemption card, usb…

Assuming you actually do, make sure you actually run the version of ELC that is supposed to work with Win 7.

Now what?

What interface are you running that requires such ancient software?

I have ran the correct elicenser.

I think my issue is the win7 installation.

i have 2 delta 1010’s. it was a struggle finding a mb with 2 pci slots. the mb doesnt run win10. this has become a bit of a nightmare tbh.

where can i download the elicenser version 6.0.2?

Yeeeeeeees! got it working. had to download some windows/net framework thing. phew.

downloading cubase pro 10.5 as we speak.

Cubase 10 is the last version to be supported for Windows 7 (10.5 was a paid, full “new” version which required Windows 10).

Cubase 10 Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

most people on win7 with c10.5 only seemed to have issues with video export. so, I thought it was worth the gamble as I don’t use want to edit video.

I echo some of the other posts too.

I think 10 is a no-go for 7

I LOVED Windows 7 and I was extremely annoyed that the whole industry moved to far (in tandem) making it impossible to carry on with W7…

i cannot redem my download access code to receiv my activation code!

Stinberg do not reply to tickets!

HELP!

anyone got cubase 9 pro for sale? :frowning:

straight swap for 10.5?

I think you can still install all the previous editions of Cubase.

oooh. lets go!

Yeah, I am pretty sure, BUT, (sorry to be the bearer of bad news) I am not sure the Cubase Portal thingy works with Windows 7… : (

Sorry if you answered this, but any particular reason you wish to stay on W7?

whats the portal thingy?

this pc wont run w10 well enough.