Cubase opens in Safe Mode

Hello there,

I have had the same issues; Mac - Ventura 13.0

I have Cubase Artist 9 installed and needed to upgrade the OS to Ventura., because the green went white when dragging items in Cubase.

Ok, so I committed and purchased Cubase Artist 12, did everything with the download manager. Try to run it for the first time, then I get the Safe Mode - ‘application was terminated unexpectedly’ message. None of the safe mode options solve it.

So I read all of the above thread to try and solve the issue myself and went to try this from Arne:

Please try the following:
Rename the folder /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components/ to /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Components_Off/
Then start Cubase 12 and check if it works.

However, there is no ‘Components’ folder there at all that I can even rename.
So; /Library/Application Support/Steinberg/ (no folder)

Could somebody help? I’ve just paid quite a lot of money to upgrade to the latest Cubase and I can’t run it. I don’t know what else to do.

Hi,

Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData%/Steinberg/Cubase X_64

…if this is what you are asking for.

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply Martin.

I just tried to make the changes recommended by Arne in the thread, which is in a different part of the directory from what you just sent. I have no idea if that is the solution to my problem, but it seemed to fix the same problem I have, from what I saw reading the thread.

Initially the Safe Mode message showed that it was related to Halion SE, but that message doesn’t show now. However, I have tried deleting everything and just re-downloaded Cubase 12 itself with no other elements, but I still get the same message., although now without a file issue listed, and it won’t open.