Cubase Performance Issues

toby these are my overclock setting for the OP.

ah ok :slight_smile: - question still stands, op booting to stock bios if they have overclocked might help

I’d start with disabling your network adapter (temporarily) and see if that fixes the issue.
If it does, start looking for newer drivers for your network cards.
Also, look at your task manager and see if Microsoft Windows Search Indexer is using an abnormal amount of CPU.
You can also try disabling Windows Search in services (run services.msc)

1 Like

YEP!
That seems to be the culprit alright. I’ve been running flawlessly for three days with the network card disabled. Problem is, I downloaded what I think is the latest driver from Gigabyte and it seems to be the one that I’m currently running. I installed it anyway, but it didn’t help. Do I need to think about purchasing a pcie network card?

Great! Glad to hear that you have narrowed the problem down!.
Its possible that a pcie network card would perform better, but I’d hate to tell you to buy something and have you end up with the same trouble.
Before you go that route, perhaps uninstall the NIC driver, and delete the nic from the device manager. Rescan your devices and let windows install the standard Windows driver and see how that performs.
Did you ever check the windows search service? I know lots of folks tend to shut that service off, and it does run away with resources from time to time. Possibly worth looking at.

1 Like

Before doing so, make sure to deactivate your Waves licences if you have any.

2 Likes

Good idea. I’m in the middle of finishing up an album for one of my clients. It’s working now so I’m going to wait until I get that out the door and get paid before I make any changes. Thanks for you help.

1 Like

So I uninstalled the nic and restarted. Windows found the new driver and reinstalled it automatically.
I ran latency mon for about 12 minutes and didn’t receive any errors.
So hopefully that means the problem is solved. Thanks for all your help!

1 Like