Cubase periodically wakes screen-saver every few seconds

Cubase will prevent a screen saver from running, usually stopping it within a few seconds. I like to have a black screen saver setup, so I can effectively turn off the monitor when doing critical listening.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch a blank Cubase project
  2. Activate screen-saver
  3. Screen-saver will turn off, anywhere from a couple seconds up to around 30 seconds max

The project does not need to be playing.

Cubase 7.0.1 (same issue with 7.0, no issue with 6.5)
Mac OSX 10.8.2

General advise when configuring a DAW is to turn screensavers off.
You say "I like to have a black screen saver setup, so I can effectively turn off the monitor when doing critical listening.
".
So you’ve never used Cubase before?
Just turn your monitor off - modern monitors turn off and on almost instantaneously.

Gee, thanks for the advice. Obviously I can turn off the monitor instead, but I’m in the habit of doing this frequently enough where it’s an annoyance to do so. Since this might be a bug, albeit one that is probably inconsequential for most users, I don’t think it’s so ridiculous to report it in a forum dedicated to reporting bugs.

Any reason why this post got moved out of the Issues forum and into the Misc forum? If it is not a bug that is reproducible by other users, it would be good to know.

Do you use any peripherals (Audio, MIDI, etc.) with Cubase?

It might be reproduced but it’s not a bug.