Cubase Plug-ins blacklist

Hi there,

having had a little problem with Alchemy.dll, I wasn’t able (for more than three times) to point the plug-in to Cubase 8.

Then, in order to bypass the problem, I changed the name of the “Alchemy.dll” adding a space between the “y” (of Alchemy) and the “.” (dot) before “dll” and and, as a matter of fact, it got back working.

Well, I may “tolerate” the Alchemy .dll, but I’d like to go back to the original Alchemy.dll

So, I’ve been suggested that It sounds like Cubase 8 may have blacklisted the plugin.dll after causing problems before
and If I want to reset this, the following files should be deleted to reset the plugin “blacklist” i.e. plugins that failed to scan more than 3 times:

[64-bit]
/Users//Library/Preferences/Cubase 8/Vst2xBlacklist Cubase (x86_64).xml

The fact is though that (I’m not sorry to confess this) I cannot find the files I was suggested to delete…

I don’t understand where I should search: /Users//Library/Preferences/Cubase 8/Vst2xBlacklist Cubase (x86_64).xml

I also made the computer to search them, but it didn’t find anything.

What exactly are Users and user name and then the rest…Are they in (C:)? And is this procedure, eventually, a good one to follow?

Sorry for asking you this.

Thanks for your help.

That filepath is for Mac.
On PC, it is “\Users<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 8\Vst2xBlacklist Cubase (x86_64).xml” (and/or …\Vst2xBlacklist Cubase.xml if using 32-bit).

Hi there,

thanks a lot for your help. It appears, though, I have C:\ProgramData (no AppData)(no Roaming)\Steinberg, but then inside that folder just “Audio Export Post Process Scripts” and “Content”…so, no Cubase 8…etc…

What have I lost? Maybe something during installation?

I’m sure a PC guy can help out here (I’m Mac only), but I’m pretty sure that C:\ProgramData is the wrong directory.

Found it, thank you.
Some folders were hidden…

:wink: