Cubase Pro 10.5.30 rendering issue

Since updating to Cubase Pro 10.5.30 I am unable to render a mono audio track. I get an error “not enough disk space available for rendering”. Version 10.5.20 had no problems with this process on the same Windows 10 PC. Looks as if I’ll have to go back to 10.5.20. Apologies if this has already been posted; I couldn’t find anything but maybe didn’t search hard enough.

Hi Trevor… I presume you mean the Render In Place function? I tried to render a mono audio track in 10.5.30 with some different settings but it works just fine here. I know this is not helpfull for you but it proves is should work in the .30 version. Maybe you can share the settings you use to render if you want me to try that. Make sure you set a correct File Path to render to in the RIP dialog box. Choose Edit - Render In Place… - Render Settings… and check the File Path location. I tried to set it to my DVD drive (D:) on purpose and this will give you the error. But this is to be expected of course.

Neds

Thank you Blademan.

Yes, Render in Place, and yes that was the dialogue box I got.

It’s working now.

The original destination folder should have been the Project folder which is valid, not a read-only or filled-up entity.

However when I used “select Project Folder” and tried it today it worked.

I closed without saving and went back to an earlier iteration of the Project – I create a new version each time something significant is changed, using the old-fashioned 01, 02 etc protocol.

That worked as well.

Maybe it was a gremlin, something to do with Windows.

Or maybe it was the mentor effect. I was a programmer for 40 years, now known as a developer.

There were quite a few occasions where Users called in problems with one of the systems I was supporting, but when I showed up or connected remotely to check what was wrong, all was magically okay again.

In any case, thanks for getting back to me to confirm it wasn’t a Cubase 10.5.30 bug.

I had been using Export Audio Mixdown and ticking Mono Downmix, which gave similar results.

But Render in Place is more convenient, and I am glad I have it back.

I’ll see how to mark the issue solved.

Yours, Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Yes… Most probably a Gremlin… hahaha… I had my share of those as well. Glad you got it sorted out.

Best regards,
Rinie

Much obliged again for your answer, Rinie. Trevor

Ihre Band hört sich übrigens gut an. Die zwei Alt-Stimmen passen sehr gut zusammen.
Der Klang der Geige erinnert mich an etwas, die ich als Student in den Siebzigern gehört habe.
Sorry, ich kenne die niederländische Sprache nicht. Deutsch ist das Beste, was ich schaffe. Ich erinnere mich - Van der Graaf 1977, wenn ein Geiger mit ihnen mitgespielt hat.