Cubase Pro 11.0.10 Freezes if project open and idle

Cubase Pro 11.0.10 Freezes if I have a project open and take an “ear break” for an hour or so when I go back Cubase is complely frozen. No menus or shortcut keys will play just frozen. The computer isn’t locked up and I can still do other things and open other program just Cubase frozen. I have to end task and re-start the project. This is reproducible for me every time. It would great while being used no freezing or skipping etc… Only when idle. Yes I know I could fix by closing Cubase when taking a break but I’ve never had to do that all the way back to version 3. Hardware is a UR44C. The computer is a 6 Core i7 2.7GHz Dell Precision 3551 Laptop Windows 10 Pro 20H2 all updates w/32GB of RAM and dual SSD drives audio on second drive. NVIDIA Quadro P620 and Intel 2nd video onboard. I have mostly optimized for audio since that all it’s used for but sure something may be missed. Any thoughts appreciated.

1 Like

Hi
It sounds to me you need to setup a power plan and turn OFF all sleeps on your system , there’s plenty of info out there about setting your computer up to be a DAW , you need to make sure ALL usb, haddrives ,graphics sleeps are all turned off , and easy way to do this in the Divice setups Choose the "Steinberg "power plan , if you still have issues you may need to dig deeper

I do have a power plan that is set to Enhanced and nothing goes to sleep. No drives, usb, proc, video or anything else that I can find. Again Cubase 10.5 doesn’t do this on the exact same machine.