- Cubase Pro 11.0.41
- Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd gen
- Windows 10
- Set Focusrite sample rate to 48k in its Device Settings app
- Open a Cubase project that is set to 44.1k (i.e open Cubase from the project on desktop, not open Cubase and then open the project)
- I can see the sample rate changing to 44.1k in the Focusrite Device Settings window as the project is loading…
- Cubase does not open but a crash dump is written
Is this a known issue? Sure, I can change the SR in the Focusrite before opening the project but just checking if there’s something else I need to do.
Edit - this only happens if I open the project from the desktop, not by opening Cubase first then opening the project once Cubase has launched.
Could you share the *.dmp file, please?
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps
Yes, I can do that. Should I attach it here?
The crash is on Windows side:
See more details about wdmaud here.
I unchecked the Windows Sound setting, “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and it doesn’t crash. Not sure whether one should have this option checked or not for Cubase to operate at best?
Edit - cancel that, this setting doesn’t affect the crash. I think I was not opening the project from the desktop.
I’d be interested to know if this is triggered by the Focusrite driver, a Windows setting, or simply that it is caused by the timing of events when launching the project from the desktop. Perhaps someone could try on their setup?
As it crashes in the Windows EDM driver, I would guess, it’s caused by the driver.