Cubase Pro 12.0.52 Startup Issue

Using a Win 11 OS. I have pretty minimal preferences in my setup besides the device setup, which is a Steinberg UR44. When I try to start Cubase, it opens but with a blank hub screen & from that point on is frozen - I cannot cancel the Hub window & access the application menu options. In the error notice that appears on the next startup attempt, if I choose the option to disable my preferences, the app starts without issue.

The dump file is displaying this issue as the last error message (& no plug-ins are mentioned in the other dump lines): ntdll!RtlUserThreadStart+0x28

Any thoughts? This only began happening after updating to 12.0.52 from the previous update…
Cubase 12.0.40.317 64bit 2022.8.10 21.24.30.093-freezedump.dmp (1.0 MB)

Hi,

Update to the latest Cubase 12.0.52, please.

The crash is caused by the Nimbus plugin and you are not on the latest release 12.0.52 (the dmp file is from 12.0.40).

So please do so what @Martin.Jirsak suggested, upgrade to the latest release and check again.

Hi,

Also make sure your plug-ins are up to date, please.

Updating plugins seemed to resolve it. Thank you for your help. (I am on 12.0.52…must have uploaded the wrong dmp file - apologies for that).

1 Like