Cubase Pro 12.0.xx no longer freezes randomly

Cubase Pro 12.0.30 - Windows 11 Pro (build 22000.708) - Steinberg UR816C - Motherboard : ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO - CPU : I9 10850K - RAM : 128 GB

Cubase Pro 12.0.30 no longer freezes randomly, when starting Cubase or when opening a project or closing Cubase.
After various manipulations, the solution was to disable the XMP profile (extreme memory profile) in the UEFI BIOS of the PC.

However, the RAM modules (Corsair 4 x 32GB DDR4) installed in the motherboard are certified for DDR4-2133 and XMP-3200 speed format.

I don’t understand why Cubase 12.0.x is the only application that randomly freezes when the XMP-3200 RAM profile is enabled. All other applications installed in my tower PC, including Cubase Pro 11.0.41, run without any problems.

Andre

Thanks for sharing, but come back on this topic should your Cubase freeze again. I have had similar experiences and learned to wait a few days before declaring ‘victory’.
FYI: I have a similar ASUS mobo (ProArt Z490) and running RAM at XMP setting.
Cheers!

Fantom, you were right !
After 4 days of using Cubase Pro 12.0.30 without any problem, random freezes reappeared again this afternoon.
1 time when launching Cubase
2 times when opening 2 projects (one of the projects contains only one audio track, no VST or VSTi used)
1 time when closing Cubase.

FYI, no software installation or Windows 11 update made in the last 4 days.

Conclusion: disabling the XMP mode of the RAMs (in the BIOS) did not definitively solve the problem of Cubase 12 freezes

I go back to Cubase Pro 11.0.41

Thanks for this follow up. So now we know we can run our RAM in XMP mode, as this is not the cause of the problem.
I do have a ‘stable’ Cubase now, and in my experience, the problem is linked often to how Windows handles USB devices. e.g. Simply connecting a device (a Roland Integra-7) ‘directly’ to the PC, I mean NOT via a USB hub was one of the improvements.