Cubase Pro 12 often crashing on startup while checking licenses

Cubase Pro 12 is often crashing on startup while checking licenses (on Windows 10 PC) .
Restarting the PC, or opening Cubase 11 Pro and then coming back to pro 12 fixes the issue temporarily. E licenser is up to date and running ok

Hi,

Please, make sure you have the latest version of Cubase (12.0.30), Steinberg Activation Manager and eLCC installed.

Once this is done and Cubase is still crashing, attach the *.dmp file(s), please.
Win: Documents/Steinberg/Crash Dumps

1 Like

I can’t upload the freeze dump file because it is 0 bytes empty file, but this crashing is still happening

Still crashing

Hi,

Are the DMP files always 0 bytes, please?

Yes, all the recent ones which are crashing in this manner, at least.

Capture
still happening

Is there an updating coming soon? I’m still getting regular crashes in Cubase Pro 12 same as above.

Please make sure that the Steinberg Activation Manager is updated to 1.4.0. It should be automatically updated whenever you run the Steinberg Download Assistant.

You can also download it from here:
Steinberg Activation Manager | Steinberg

There’s another maintenance update coming according to one of the developers, but I would recommend contacting Steinberg Support if the issue persists while you’re using both Cubase 12.0.40 and SAM 1.4.0.

Hi,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

You can also try to trash preferences by deleting the preferences folder, to get Cubase factory settings. Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase X_64

Try to reinstall Cubase. Install it as administrator, please.

Hi Martin, I’ve reinstalled Activation manager, which has worked for now (I’m able to start Cubase Pro 12), however, I’m sure I’ve taken this step previously. I’ll monitor if I have any more crashes today, and if so, I’ll try the other steps you have suggested. Thanks for your help.

1 Like