Cubase Pro 12 Update from Cubase 8.5 Artist

Hi, I bought and installed Pro 12 from 8.5 Artist, using windows 10. All was fine until I was sent “Action needed: 7 day(s) left to complete your update to Cubase Pro 12” This has now lapsed and I can’t get the old Dongle confirmed or the new pro 12 to work, Yes I have tried to follow all instruction but something is wrong and now I can’t even use 8.5 because none of the instruments or drum machine will work. Please help?

Please connect your USB-eLicenser dongle to your computer, then run the eLicenser Control Center and click the Maintenance button to the top right. This should verify your Cubase Pro 12 license if you purchased the correct upgrade for your version of Cubase.

Yes, I have done this but 12 Pro still says Pending expired?

Please take a screenshot of your eLicenser Control Center with your eLicenser serial numbers hidden and which upgrade you purchased according to your receipt/order confirmation email.

And thank you for your time.

If you purchased the upgrade from Cubase Artist 8.5 to 12, then you purchased the wrong upgrade, because you have Cubase Artist 8. Please contact Steinberg Shop support for a refund:
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360001898100-Online-Shop-Support

Please disregard that.

But, isn’t it the same upgrade?

I must admit I’m somewhat confused on this one.

@stuboy Did you receive a download access code with your purchase?

What do you mean by “All was fine”? Were you able to use Cubase Pro 12?

Hmmm …

1 Like

You’re right, my bad. Both Artist 8 and Artist 8.5 have the same upgrade.

I still feel like he must have purchased the wrong upgrade though. His receipt email should show which upgrade he purchased.

You can use Cubase 12 and other Steinberg products for up to 30 days even if the verification process fails to go through. In his case, those 30 days expired.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s something odd here. The license in the eLCC should be changed to “Upgraded To Steinberg Licencing” (or something along those lines) if the code was recognized, I would think.

The plot thickens …

Is it possible that you have a Cubase 8 Educational license? That one maybe needs to be upgraded differently, if it can be upgraded at all. EDIT: Just looked in the Educational Online Shop, it states you can perform upgrades from educational to normal versions like anybody else.

The invoice just says its an upgrade from a list of early versions but it does say pro, my 8.5 was artist?

Sorry, but you purchased the wrong upgrade. You brought an upgrade from older versions of Cubase Pro, not Cubase Artist.

You should purchase the following upgrade:

Show Image

Please contact Steinberg Shop support for a refund: