Cubase Pro 8: ASIO driver is not running

Hi everyone,

Im running Cubase 8 on a Mac mini(Late2012) OS X El Capitan with a Scarlett 18i20(2nd gen) and even though i’ve already installed the right drivers, it keeps popping up the message “ASIO driver is not running” everytime I try to record something. It also does not play anything inside my Cubase session. I’ve already tried this interface with Ableton Live 9 Lite and it works perfectly fine. Also my computer do recognizes the Scarlett on system preferences and everything seems fine on the FOCUSRITE CONTROL driver so everything works fine but it still has this problem with Cubase 8.

Is there something I can do to solve this problem? I’ve already checked that everything IS indeed compatible with everything.

Hi,

Maybe it is a bit late, but maybe someone else will have this issue.

So the error
Record Error: ASIO driver is not running
was resolved on my case (Windows 7, Cubase 8.5.30, Focusrite Scarlett 18i8, 1st gen) by unplugging the soundcard Scarlett from the wall.

Please note that reinstalling drivers several times, unplugging USB cable several times, and even power off the soundcard from its back panel button, have not resolved the issue. Only unplugging it from the wall or from DC plug behind, resolved this issue.