Cubase pro 8 crash loading Peavey Revalver VST

Hi all. Been using a Peavey Revalver HPSE plugin for more than a year. I did a reinstall of my OS and Cubase ( moved to a larger SSD drive ). Since then, if I try to load that vst, I get the following message:

"A serious problem has occurred: Please try to save your project under another name and then restart Cubase8.exe. If this problem persists please contact Steinberg Technical Support with a description of what you do to create this problem, and the created file
-----\CrashDumps\Cubase8.0.40.623 64bit 2016.6.6 18.46.dmp
"

I can continue working on the C8 project, but am unable to load that VST. I’ve renamed the project, uninstalled and reinstalled the vst. The standalone version works fine, and the 32 bit vst works ( though the sound quality is worse ). I’ve checked the Windows event log and don’t see any event related to it.

I’m running Windows 7 professioal 64 bit ( all updated with current drivers ). 16 GB of RAM and SSD drives. Use Focusrite Saffire liquid 56 interface. Since I already have this plugin on a number of finished projects, I’d like to get it to work. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.