Cubase Pro 8 Crashing on track select

Right, I have found a “work around” for this - at least I have found the feature that is causing all of my crashes in both versions!

There is a bug in the way CB executes “Enable solo on selected track” way of operating solo but if this is disabled and the toggle method is used then there seem to be no issues at all.

Editing ->Project & mix console -> enable solo on selected track (untick)

Let me know if this fixes it for you.

This feature is important to my workflow so I probably won’t disable it but would appreciate some focus from SB to fix this long standing issue. It should be interesting that in CB 6.5 and earlier this feature works fine.

thanks

Alan

I had a problem with CB8 crashing while selecting a track. Very random. Sometimes it crashes, some don’t.
I tested in 2 partitions (Yosemite and Mavericks) Both crashed. In those partitions I had 7.5 instaled before 8.0
I tried deleting CB8 preferences and started from scratch and now it’s as stable as 7.5.

Maybe it’s something when importing CB7 preferences.

hi pgstudio

have you tried to untick / tick the “enable solo on selected track?”

Preferences → Editing ->Project & mix console → enable solo on selected track (unstick)

I am sure the default for this setting has changed and when you reset prefs that might explain it changing.

Do you get the issue only when its ticked? If it doesn’t make a difference - great we have 2 nice big solo bugs in Cubase. :unamused:

regards

Alan

Still battling with this crash!!

This is logged as BON-12378 - Can someone from Steinberg please indicate when this will be fixed and in what release?? Please? :question:

cheers

Alan

I have this problem of crashing also but it happens differently.
I recorded a midi track, saved it using the save as and when I try to reopen this .cpr file from my saved folder, Cubase crashes. 100% of the time
I Use Cubase Pro 8 (V 8.0.30)
IMac OSX Yosemite (V 10.10.5)

I am very annoyed by this crashing of such an expensive program. I upgraded from Cubase 7 to 7,5 and lately to Pro 8.

I can not count the so many crashes I’ve gone trough so far. If I try to open a file from the Open Recent, or Open in any way I have crashes. I have very good equipment and products to work with Cubase and all of my components are in top shape and with latest drivers.

Wha is going on with Cubase??? Makes me wonder they always want to sell us a new update but they are not so visible to fix all the problems. And trying to get answers from them or going nuts in the forums drives me crazy, cause you can type a request about Cubase Pro 8 and get answwers from Steinberg that relate to Cubase 4, 5 or anything and often answers that go back in time as far as 4,5. and more, years ago. !!! We are in 2015…