Cubase Pro 9.5 and Akai Professional Advance 49 Keyboard

This is my first time on the forum, please be patient.

I am new to Cubase Pro 9.5 and I am trying to sync Cubase Pro external clock source to Akai Professional Advance 49 internal clock source, would really appreciate feedback and support, Kind regards, Leon

I have an Advance 49 and like it, but there’s been an unresolved issue with getting Cubase to perfectly synch with the Advance’s built-in Arpeggiator. I think the problem is with the Advance and not a Cubase issue. Good luck.

That said, this is how I have it configured:

Transport (Menu)

• Project Synchronization Set-up

See screen shot.

This is set-up I’ve used to get the Advance to synch with Cubase (as well as it seems able to).

Stephen57, Thank you!!

You’re welcome.

If you’re having an issue with the keyboard arpeggios or grooves playing late, what I suggest is playing the parts in solo and then just nudging them into place. Record with Auto Quantize off. What’s great about the Advance is that it records MIDI notes from the Arp’s ouput.

Also, the VIP software lets you assign chords to the pad banks – if you’ve not tried that, it gives a nice alternative or extension to Cubase’s Chord Pads.

Take care.

I have the MPK249 and whilst the arpeggiator is nowhere near as powerful as the Advance, i managed to get it working.
But, in the end, i went all out in learning how to use ArpacheSX and have not looked back.

ArpacheSX is really nice and pretty advanced and you can even drag in your own patterns - even ones from recorded from your Advance.
You can then modify them even more using the ArpacheSX settings to take you to a whole new level.

Don’t feel like you need to use the Advance arp when you’ve got an overall way more flexible and powerful option one click away in the midi inserts!

I agree, ArpacheSX is a great feature of the MIDI Inserts. I’m all about using whatever tools we have and maxing them out as far as we can take them. Make the most of what you do have is better than crying about what you don’t have. No? :slight_smile:

That said, the OP had a very specific question on setting up the Advance. Open up a thread about how you use ArpacheSX. Not all topics need to be about problems or questions, tips, tricks and observations are also welcome.

Welcome to the forums.