Cubase Pro 9.5 Performance

I guess that when they say that they “improved” the GUI performance did not mean this: Dropbox - IMG_1687.gif - Simplify your life

1 video track, 1 marker track, 5 audio tracks, no effects.
My old AMD K6 was able to make it better.

I tested CS 9.5 against 9.0.30 and also 64bit audio engine vs 32.
Big surprise is that 64bit audio engine has better VST/CPU performance.
It’s not big but it is noticeable. Test included projects with multiple VST synths and also bunch of plugins and audio tracks.
Big thumbs up for Steinberg, this is the best version so far!

Whole post with pics and spec is here:
Steinberg Forums

:smiley:

How does your machine manage the 9.5 project?

Steve

For me enabling the 64bit audio engine I get slightly better performance with 128 buffer and asio guard on “normal”. So far it seems more stabile as well but I need to spend more time to be sure.

The whole interface reacts faster and “Freezing” is much faster. I haven’t ran out of processor power so far… But I don’t usually use very big setups - 10 to 30 tracks and most of them are instrument tracks, and they run fine without freezing any tracks.

Can’t believe how great 9.5 is. The difference between 9 and 9.5 is amazing. I no longer have GUI laginess. Everything feels much snappier and editing events doesn’t result in crashing. 9.5 on OSX is the best version of Cubase yet!

I’m not getting cracks and pops when I zoom in and out in project view while playing back a piece! That’s one of the best parts for me!

I have major problems with Cubase Pro 9.5 and I had the same problems with Cubase Pro 9. Almost every time I close a project the annoying “Cubase has stopped working” pops up. When restarting Cubase it half of the times won’t find my USB Midi-Keyboard and/or I get TONS of crackles and pop when opening a project with audio tracks. I’ve uninstalled Cubase but the problems persists. In anger I downloaded the Presonus Studio One v3 demo and 10 minutes later I bought the full Professional version of it.

Not having any problems using Studio One and the big difference in performance with some heavy plugins like Diva made me buy it. With 1 instance of Diva on Cubase Pro I get random peaks resulting in crackles and pops and it mostly hoovers around 30%…but on Studio One I can run 2 instances Diva, 1 instance of Omnisphere and 1 instance of ZebraHZ and I get no peaks and it stays steady on 16%. That’s a big difference.

I’ve been a user of “Cubase” since the Atari ST and when it was named Steinberg 24 and I’ve always loved Cubase. Now I will let it rest until the next major update comes and try it out again to see if it got any better or not. It’s still the DAW I’m most familiar with.

That’s obviously a system specific issue. Contact support directly through your MySteinberg and provide as much info about your system as you can. Helping you with these kind of issues is the whole reason why tech support exists.

No significant performance increase here with 9.5 vs 9 but I like the new features a lot!!