Cubase Pro 9 and UA Apollo Twin MkII?

I am considering to upgrading my studio with the new UA Apollo Twin MkII and to upgrade my Cubase Pro 8 to Pro 9.

Does anyone here have any experience from this combination? Do they work well together?

I am mainly recording rock bands with real drums, real amps och real organs. But I am sometimes using Superior Drummer 2.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes it does work very well.

Yes working very well here too…

It’s early days for me with the Apollo Twin MkII, but so far, on both PC desktop and MacBook Pro, it’s a superb bit of kit and integrates beautifully with Cubase 9.

Steve

Thanks all!

That’s good news!

It seems like the ideal solution for me. I bought a Steinberg MR816 CSX to replace my DSP Factory when Steinberg dropped the support for it, but it feels like it’s time to move on from that now and Apollo Twin MkII seems to have pretty much everything I liked about DSP Factory and more.

A great recording console with 10 channel inputs (2 + ADAT) all with decent eqs and compressors with neglectable latency for live tracking of guitar, bass and drums.
Easy to use controls for monitor and communication with the musicians.
And hopefully pretty good audio quality for the price. :slight_smile:

I will post some more question in separate threads.

AFAIK it only has one adat, it has 2 lightpipe connectors but it’s only for when running 88.2 and up.
So max 8 chanels via ADAT.

Yes I realize that one lightpipe equals 8 channels 24 bit up to 48kHz sampling frequency or 4 channels if I want to record at 96kHz (or 88.2Hz) In addition I have the two built in mic/line inputs which will give me a total of 6 channels when recording at 88.2 or 96kHz and 10 channels when recording at 44.1 or 48kHz.

It will be a bit of a compromise and I might sometimes track multitack recordings first using my existing Steinberg MR816CSX and then switch over to the Apollo when overdubbing and mixing.

If I really like it I can probably not resting adding a rack mount Apollo later for more inputs… :slight_smile: