Cubase Pro 9 on it's way...

Right around the corner?

Just received an e-mail:

"…In anticipation of the upcoming launch of Steinberg Cubase Pro 9, we would like to inform you that purchasers of Cubase Pro 8.5 will also receive a free upgrade to Cubase Pro 9 upon its release.
If you are in need of a new digital audio workstation, you don’t have to wait until the release of Cubase Pro 9 in December to start working.

Get ready for the most powerful version of Cubase ever.

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you soon…"

:nerd:

That is indeed good news. We haven’t had an update in several months, hopefully some bug squashing will be part of this release. I’d settle for consolidation and bug squashing in this release and happily pay the update fee.

So it is a 9 then. :slight_smile:
I thought they would do a “windows” and jump to 10.

Is this officially saying we are in the grace period?

I have Cubase 8.5 which I bought some time ago, but have not activated, waiting for the grace period to do so. I’m wondering if I can activate it now, and still get Cubase 9 for free.

So in the immortal words of the dentist of “Marathon Man” movie:
– “Is it safe?” :smiley:

Don’t know about how that works in your case…but that’s for anyone who chooses to purchase C8.5 now before the release…

Well, that will be a first, .5 to 9 free (apart from grace period users). I think that the Donald is behind this and they never landed a man on the moon…which is made of cheese and my hair is platinum blonde.
Should be due early Dec though, and I bet it will be good, it usually is, world class software!

Last three versions in December. This should interest people:

Z

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can version 9 be available on DVD for those of us with really slow broadband - 3.7 Mbps download here! Thank you.

Cubase has always been available on DVD. Actually this is the only way to buy Cubase Pro or Artist directly in many countries.

It is only free for grace period users

Sounds good, but who did you receive this email from ? if not from Stienberg then it may just be guess work on behalf of a store.

From whom, steinberg or bloke down the pub?
Has anybody else received an E mail?

Guitar Center sent an email stating Cubase 9 release early December. It Guitar Center though. Not a lot of faith there…

:smiling_imp:
:nerd:

I’m accessing the Steinberg website from Scotland - and there is no DVD option - download only as far as I can see. :frowning: