Cubase Processing Precision, 32 Bit or 64 Bit?

Audio bit rate has nothing to do with processor word length. Apples and oranges.

2 Likes

Spot on , but why am I getting more than double the Vis ? And as I am now using HALion 7 which is steinberg , they should know the answer, I have asked there tech support, so will update this when I hear back

This normally doesn’t affect the CPU load, as calculating a 64 bit instruction (on a 64 bit CPU) takes as many cycles as for a 32 bit instruction.

I’m working this all out , but for Vis , at this point it make a massive difference. Let’s hope steinberg reply

OK so there are very few 64bit Vis . I had this reply below from Steinburg and it all not makes sense , if your using lots of Vis then switch to 32bit and you computer will love it :slight_smile:

" By setting the audio processing precision to 32 bit float or 64 bit float, all channels are processed and mixed in 32-bit floating-point or 64-bit floating-point format.
A processing precision of 64 bit float can increase CPU load and memory consumption.

From Stienburg Support ;
To show all plug-ins that support 64-bit float processing, open the VST Plug-in Manager from the Studio menu, and activate Show Plug-ins That Support 64-Bit Float Processing in the Display Options pop-up menu."