Cubase Projects File LOST

Hi all,

I have recently formatted drive C: and to my SUPER mistake i forgot that all my audio samples where stored in My Documents>Cubase Projects :frowning:

I thought that all my cubase stuff was on my D: which hasnā€™t been touched.

I still have all the samples i used but some of them have been renamed while working on the projectā€¦because they where imported more than once so like always they got renamed to for example Bass Drum Sample-03 , Lead Synth-02 in the project pool. understood ?

This is a huge problem when using the ā€œResolve Missing Filesā€ method because obviously the original sample banks only hold the original names i.e: ā€œBass Drum Sampleā€ ā€œLead Synthā€

I did try searching for the original audio sample with ā€œResolve Missing filesā€ and tell cubase to use that but for some reason the audio sample that is being imported is losing its original warp that i had done to it and it gets like all crazy when i Musical Mode it again.

Is there a way that i could like change the names of the missing files so cubase could identify it instanty when i tell the ā€œResolve Missing Filesā€ to look into a folder.

OR DOES ANYONE HAVE A CLUE OF A METHOD I COULD USE THAT CAN HELP ME RECOVER MY PROJECTS :frowning: ?? PLEASE ANYONE!

Not of much help now, but when using files from outside the project folder, always, always make sure you import them into the working project audio folder. So all file are referenced from the same folder. This will save you grief in the future.

And how do you do that?

I have now moved the Cubase Projects File to D: ā€¦i never knew it was on C: Damn It!

Either you use the ā€œBackup projectā€ function, or the ā€œPrepare archiveā€, depending on the circumstances. More info in the manual. In any case, you should know, your files are not on the drive youĀ“re going to formatā€¦

Donā€™t do anything with the hdd yet. Google ā€œrcover formatted hdd dataā€ or various search terms akin to that. You might still be able to get them back.

Already did that with several different programsā€¦no luck :frowning: