Cubase reinstallation

I think my Cubase 11 Elements has corrupted so I want to reinstall it. However, I am confused over the process. Can anyone give me a step-by-step guide through the maze of “activation”, “reactivation”, request new code jargon? What do I do and in what order? Thanks in advance for your help.

If you are reinstalling on the same computer there is no need to go through activation or reactivation steps unless you’re completely reformatting the machine.
Where is your license? Is it on a USB licenser or an eLicense tied to that machine?

Why do you think the program is corrupted? It’s a pretty unusual thing to happen. Your preferences file may be corrupted, much more likely and indeed relatively common. If this IS the case re-installing won’t solve the problem anyway as your old preferences will remain unless you move them yourself.

1 Like

eLicense is on the machine. I’m guessing it’s corrupted because it runs super-slow, multiple crashes, always crashes when trying to dissolve a drum track, audio drop-outs… To be fair, my computer might not be up to it any more, but it’s a process of elimination. What’s the preferences file? Where do I find it? Do I just delete it and it will be regenerated through use?

Maybe this link can help you.

2 Likes

Yup! That did it! Thanks for being there.

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted…and thanks to @Pablin_Drummer

1 Like