cubase. .silly question??

How is your Mix knob set on the UR22? Left, right or center?

the mix knob is set at centre!?. . . but I am starting to think that it may be how I use the UR22 and it’s settings as the issue was with me in cubase 7 and now pro 8.5!
Last time I was using a Creative Audigy soundblaster sound card and interface but I changed to the UR22 for easier usage. . . but maybe it isn’t as simple as the previous one. I will study the manual later and make sure I’m doing everything correctly. . .unless the knob is in the wrong place!!??? :slight_smile:

Try the mix knob set to DAW. I think you might be mixing your output back into your input!

No Jay, if I turn to DAW I can hear the recorded track but not the track I’m playing. Thanx for all your suggestions. . .I’m trying to read through the pro 8.5 user manual to see if I’ve missed something but if not it’s back to the Fostex :frowning:
It’s a shame no-one from Steinberg has offered to help as they took my money!
anyway. . . good luck and best wishes.

At Last!!!. . . .after another wasted night of my life trying to sort this out with a pal, he eventually came up with the answer.

He found this on another forum with the complete answer. Into devices>device set up>Yamaha Steinberg usb asio. At the top of this window is a ‘control panel’ that opens the driver settings. As a default the option enable loopback
is ticked!!! for whatever reason I don’t understand but when I un-ticked it hey presto. . . multiple tracks all playing individually with out any overspill from each other!!
This has taken me (and Jay!) hours of sorting and I can’t imagine anyone from Steinberg ever reads these problems as I haven’t been helped by them one bit. Anyway. . . now to play around!

1 Like

Yeah - that’s how you do that!