Cubase stops responding on start-up

I have just closed Cubase to install some new plug-ins from Waves, Plug-in Boutique and one from iZotope. Yeah. All at once, so I can’t say which of the several plug-ins has created the issue. But now I want to start Cubase again and when it comes to say on the start-up screen “scanning ARA plug-ins”, Cubase instantly stops responding and gets stuck there. I waited 15 minutes the first time, no luck. It just seems to get stuck. I am not very good with computers. I tried restarting the computer. It also says upon opening “didn’t close properly” and gives all the options, which I have tried. All of them now. Use custom settings, disable custom settings, disable 3rd party plug-ins. I did not choose “delete custom settings”. Because I don’t know what type of brave new hell I am bringing upon myself. Any suggestions? using Windows 10.

I’ve become very wary about plug-ins… I’ve cut down to a bare minimum of them. But the stock VSTs aren’t always cutting it… I’ve been using Reason for a long time (just the synths) and was always told that it was suspect in my issues… I stopped using it and the issues persisted… so, it’s back. All you can do is uninstall all of them and re-install one at a time… see if one of them causes an issue. And even that is no guarantee…

Removed 2 plugins and now my project opens. One was FL Studio, which I started sequencing with under Windows maybe 10-15 years ago. It didn’t support multiple meters so I switched to Cubase. Haven’t really used it at all in a couple years. The other one is an Air Music Tech Hammond organ. I really like it but if it prevents things from working, it has to go…
Compatibility issues!