Cubase Studio 4 and Windows Vista

I’m running Cubase Studio 4 on Windows Vista 64-bit. I’m planning to upgrade to Windows 7. Does anyone know if Cubase Studio 4 will work on Windows 7 64-bit (or 32-bit)?

It should work but might not be as stable as Studio 5.

Is there any upgrade package from Cubase Studio 4 to Cubase Studio 5? I can’t seem to find any. And besides, isn’t there any Cubase Studio 6?

You´re a little late for that…

No.

Steinberg has effectively removed the “Studio” version from it’s line-up. All studio users can only upgrade to the full CB6 version. You can get there directly from CB4. At this point, it is your only upgrade option. Anything else would be an outright purchase and the choices are all downgrades.

Go here.

I think it is what I may have to do (upgrade from CS5 to C6).

The deal in and of itself seems worth it as I never planned to have the full package yet Artist doesn’t appear to have all the features I’d need but I haven’t really analyzed the price difference so am still a bit uninformed. The problem then becomes… say it was cost effective to purchase Artist outright and use CS5 on an old XP (or Vista) machine what happens if I turn around and decide later I want to upgrade Studio, will it be possible or would my only option be to go from Artist?

Just click on the link I provided. All your choices are there.